As everybody is well-informed about QuickBooks, such an absolute accounting software solution, which smooths out various financial & accounting business assignments quite accurately with its elite features but like any other good software, there may be occurrences of technical issues in QuickBooks from-time-to-time, which may obstruct the smooth work-process of the software and users might get into trouble tackling these. In today’s blog, we are going to discuss one such error called QuickBooks H202 Error. Now, let’s learn more about its potential causes and how we can fix this error code.
What Is QB Error H202?
This QB Error H202 is one of the most common errors that generally takes place when a user tries to access QuickBooks in multi-user mode and the multi-user connection to the server is blocked and an error message is popped-up on the window screen stating “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”.
Potential Causes Of QB Error H202?
- Faulty hosting configuration settings.
- When the server computer firewall is blocking incoming and outgoing communication.
- Damaged .nd (network data) file.
- When QuickBooks is not able to receive the IP address of the host system or server hosting the company file.
- Corrupted DNS settings.
- When these QuickBooks services are not running – QBCFMonitor & QuickBooksDBXX.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix QB Error H202
Important Note: “Before executing these techniques, make sure to back-up your QBW file. If you do so, this will ensure that you can go back and restore the original data”.
Technique 1 – Ping Your Server
- Firstly, open the Run window in a workstation in which you are getting the QB Error H202.
- Now, put CMD in the text field and tap on the OK button.
- Then, from your workstation, you have to ping your server.
- For executing this, you have to type ping_servername and then tap on the Enter button.
- Now, implement the aforementioned steps for all workstations you are receiving the error.
- If in the scenario where you receive a slow reply, or if a loss of a packet is identified, it implies that there is some issue with the network and fixing of the error is required.
- Then, navigate to the next method as mentioned below.
Technique 2:– Utilize Your QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QB File Doctor is a very strong and dependable tool. This QB File Doctor tool can recognize and fix different types of QB errors including QB Error H202. For utilizing this tool, firstly just download it from the official website of Intuit and then run it.
Undeniably, this blog will help you troubleshoot QB H202 Error. Also, for requiring in-depth assistance while working on QuickBooks Payroll, simply connect with our QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1-855-929-O12O. Our experts deliver 24/7 round-the-clock assistance to the users.