In a number of errors in QuickBooks one of is QuickBooks error 6000 which can pop-up when you try to open a company file. This can happen when many users are logged into the same company file at the same time or might be when you are trying to bring back a previous backup of your files. There can be some other cases when you might encounter the error 6000.
Reasons lead to occur QuickBooks error 6000
Here we are listing some of the causes of QuickBooks error 6000 for you to get an insight of reasons for error 6000
- Corrupted or incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
- A firewall might be blocking the connection between two systems.
- Computer which is not actual server hosting the company file.
- Damaged.TLG file
- Incorrect network setup
- Damaged company file with a .qbw extension
- .nd file is not working in the correct way
- Anyhow company file is corrupt.
- It can also happen when you are working in single-user mode and another user has logged in to the company file.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks error 6000
Now here are symptoms you may confront at the time of the QuickBooks error 6000
- When “QuickBooks error 6000” display, it damages the program window.
- Generally your computer “freezes” for some time.
- Window run slowly and responds at a very slow pace.
Solution to troubleshoot error 6000
Solution 1: Open a sample of the company file
- Firstly you need to open the folder that contains the company file.
- Then search for the file with the help of extension .qbw
- Right-click on it and select the option “copy”.
- Then on the desktop “paste” it.
- Open QuickBooks so you are directed to the “no company open window” while holding down the control key.
- Bring back an existing company
- Find the company file you copied, open it and navigate to the desktop.
Solution 2: Recreate the damaged folder
- On your C:/drive create a new folder
- Then you need to open the folder where the file is saved.
- Locate .qbw file
- Right-click on it and select copy.
- Open the new folder and paste it.
- Going forward you need to set the access permission for windows in order to share company files.
- Open QuickBooks and open the file from a new location.
Solution 3: Restart the client computer
By restarting the system it will wipe away the at the moment state of the software.
Solution 4: Rename .ND and .TLG files
- You need to find the file according to your company file with the same name but with extension .nd and .TLG
- Then you can right-click the file and choose to rename it. Note that the add the word .old after the file extension then press enter.
You have to opt for the above solutions to sort out error 6000 or you can always seek advice from an expert by calling us. Dial+1-855-929-O12O and get instant assistance from professionals.