As everybody is well-informed about QuickBooks POS, such an absolute accounting software program that performs most of the major accounting & financial management tasks quite efficiently, specifically customised for retail sector units but it is quite common to observe technical snags & glitches in the software quite often like every other application and in today’s article, we are going to discuss one such error called QuickBooks Error 3180. Now, let’s get into the details on how we can fix this error code and its potential causes.
What Is QB Error 3180?
This QB Error 3180 typically crops-up when the user adds the employee information in the QuickBooks Point of Sale and an error message is popped-up on the window screen stating “Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message: A/P or A/R detail line have a vendor”.
Potential Causes Of QB Error 3180
- This error takes place when the QuickBooks Desktop sales tax item is not immersed with any vendor.
- When the account mapping of sales tax payable accounts is inappropriate, this error occurs.
- Also, when there is a use of the sale tax payable account to create a paid out.
- Because of one or more items on receipt having the sales tax payable account selected as the target account.
Simple Measures To Fix QB Error 3180
- Firstly, run the QuickBooks POS and then access the sales history.
- Now, select the type listing and hit a click on the recent receipt with payout tag and tap on the I want option.
- Then, choose the Reverse option and make a new paid out account. Note: you have to leave the A/P and A/R accounts.
- While being in the QB file menu, select preferences and then click on the company option.
- Now, follow financial > accounts. Make sure to check the basic and advanced settings box.
- Now, validate the account mapping. If there’s a defect, then change it.
- Finally, save and then open the financial exchange.
- While being in the list menu, click on the item list.
- Now, check if all the POS items are utilizing the right account.
- Then, open financial exchange.
- At first, select customer and vendor profile lists from the QB lists menu.
- Then, select the payment method list and right tap on the cash method option.
- Now, just hit a click on the edit option to change the payment method.
- Immediately after that, add letter X in the blank space in the payment method and then click on the Ok button.
- For creating a new cash method, just right-tap on the cash method and choose ew.
- Now, open the financial exchange and modify the names of all the financial methods.
Hopefully, with aforementioned troubleshooting steps, you might have fixed QuickBooks Error 3180. For further more in-depth assistance, you can directly call on +1-855-929-O12O. Our experts are available 24/7, for your help, round-the-clock!!